Do you have a bad internet connection or no internet service at all? Below you will alternative solutions.
1. Find food/retail/business/church locations offering FREE Wi-Fi. Ex. Public Libraries, some McDonalds locations, etc.
a. Odin First Christian Church is offering FREE Wi-Fi in their parking lot. The network is called distancelearning-guest and the password is OFFC2020. Big thank you to OFCC for this! (address 110 Perkins St)
b. Odin First Baptist is offering FREE Wi-Fi in their parking lot as well. The password is guest123. Thank you OFB! (address: 201 E Main St)
2. Come to the parking lot at school to access the school internet. We are working to get a guest access option. If your child has a school issued Chromebook, it should automatically connect when in range.
3. Visit the Centralia Library and check out a mobile hotspot for 3 weeks. (as of 8/21 they were all checked out, however, you can put yourself on the waiting list.) See news article about how to get your free library card!
4. Sign up for inexpensive internet options...
Spectrum Internet Assist 1-844-525-1574
Spectrum makes it simple for qualified households to sign up for low income Internet assistance
- Free Internet modem
- High-speed Internet at 30 Mbps
- No data caps
- No contracts
- Optional in-home WiFi service at $5/mo
- Offer not valid for current Internet subscribers
REQUIREMENTS: One or more members of your household must be a recipient of one of the following assistance programs:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) of the NSLP
- Supplemental Security Income (for applicants age 65+ only)