Wednesday, January 29, 2020
- We are excited to roll out our new communication program called Apptegy. We will begin training staff very soon.
- I would like to thank all of those involved in Homecoming. Our High School Team brought home a win on Friday Night and a good time was had by all at the coronation on Saturday Night. Congratulations to our Homecoming Queen, Karissa Moore and Homecoming King, Lucas Shaffer. The event was well attended by the community.
- The District Leadership Team (School Improvement Team) continues to meet and look at data. The work of this team is focused on positive change based on what the data suggests. Data includes a multitude of areas: staff and parent surveys, student achievement data, student behaviors, etc. In addition to our education programs, the team also looks at the needs of our students and aims to tailor their needs based on their social/emotional, mental, and physical conditions. WE believe in our students! WE care for them! But, WE also have high expectations for them and want them prepared for life after school!
- Our staff will be attending the Centralia (TRI – County) Conference. This conference affords our staff the opportunity to pick from a wide range of speakers to attend based on their own professional development needs.
- We are planning for the IAR test. Our Guidance Counselor, Mrs. Kirgan, has been communicating with our staff who will be administering these tests.
- Teachers, start looking at your emergency plans for severe weather drills. We have one coming up soon and another again in March.
- Basketball season will start to wind down this month. We wish all of our basketball teams good luck the rest of the way.
- Junior High Volleyball has started.
- The Junior High Sweetheart Dance is at the end of the month.
- All sports Senior Night will be later this month.
Dates to remember
- February 4: Severe Weather Drill
- February 14: No school for students (Centralia Conference)
- February 17: No school, President’s Day
- February 29, Junior High Sweetheart Dance 6 pm.